MBA Projects were asked to assist with the redevelopment of a Grade I listed property from commercial use into a super prime single residence overlooking Regents Park. MBA managed the design, planning and implementation of the re-development works from start to completion.
- Underpinning and reducing the floor level of the lower ground floor of the property with nearby London Underground lines and station in a conservation area, with super-prime neighbouring houses.
- Managing the numerous change requests required of such an exacting design and co-ordinating the build process concurrently with acquiring the respective permissions.
- Carefully surveying, deconstruction and rebuilding the delipidated roof structure to preserve the historical fabric of the building as fully as possible.
- MBA Projects acted as Project Managers from start to finish, assembling a design team of specialist consultants to achieve the required planning, listed building, party wall and freeholder consents required to develop the property.
- The property was redeveloped from a commercial office property into a super prime single residence. The existing lower ground floor was excavated further to increase the floor to ceiling height available, allowing for the creation of staff quarters, a gym and a secondary rear entrance way.
- The works were procured under a traditional JCT with a single Main Contractor. In addition, specialist artisan teams were employed to achieve the high level of finish required.
- A new inset roof terrace was formed within the existing envelope of the original roof structure to preserve the historically important sight lines from Regents Park. The roof structure had been subject to unsympathetic alterations over the years with much of the original fabric lost. It was agreed with the Listed Building Officers that the structure would be surveyed, and the original elements would be reused and combined to reform as much of the roof as possible in the manner in which it was originally built whilst still achieving the design objectives of the project.
- The M&E infrastructure was completely replaced to bring the property up to date and in line with the high standards of the property.
- Working on the redevelopment of an existing building to such high and exacting standards always raises unexpected challenges during the works that necessitates changes. MBA managed an involved change request process throughout to ensure that change requests were evaluated, and permissions achieved for all approved changes so the building works could continue in a timely fashion concurrently.
- MBA Projects assisted in transforming an outdated, and unused, commercial premises into a high calibre super prime residence ensuring the highest possible return for our client.