MBA Projects managed the total transformation and redevelopment of a dilapidated Grade II listed freehold site into a £24m mansion set in one of London’s most prestigious locations on time and within budget. As a result our client successfully achieved a resultant sale realising maximum return on investment.
- Grade II listed property.
- Our property developer client acquired the property with squatters in residence.
- The property sits on a tight site footprint with very limited access for construction to the side and rear.
- MBA developed a plan which involved the wholesale demolition of one wing of the existing property to allow faster and better access to the rear. This enabled the removal of excavated earth at the ground works stage and the importing of materials to complete the construction of the basement and complete the garden reinstatement. In consultation with the architect, MBA undertook feasibility studies to review the development options.
- It was decided to extend the main house and also form a large underground leisure complex with a swimming pool under the garden connected to the main house via a link at the rear.
- We managed the planning process to ensure detailed planning permission and Listed Building Consent was granted.
- MBA assembled a Design Team to formalise the project design and allow us to produce tender documentation to procure a Main Contractor under a traditional JCT contract.
- A complex engineering design and execution ensured the stability of the main house during the construction of the connecting basement, and lowering and underpinning of existing basement
- The interior design brief was sympathetic to the heritage of the existing building, with a modern twist. In contrasting harmony, the new basement is of a far more modern style.
- We employed specialist artisan craftsmen to achieve the high level of ﬁnish required. MBA ensured that these trusted specialist ﬁrms were successfully woven into the contract.
- MBA maintained a constant ﬂow of information to all neighbours ensuring respect for them was maintained by all contractors throughout the project.
- Maximisation of the overall ﬂoor area of the property and creation of the ‘wow’ factor ensuring the highest possible return for our client.
- MBA began this project with a complete project review and feasibility study of the proposed development.
- We then completed a full pre-construction logistics report and plan.
- MBA managed all the planning, design and construction phases of the project through to completion.