The Bishops Avenue #2
MBA Projects were asked to assist with the refurbishment of a property that had been left unoccupied and unattended for a substantial period of time, and which displayed numerous mechanical and electrical issues throughout. MBA Projects undertook a process of extensive investigation and remediation works, in conjunction with completed redecoration and dressing throughout. As a result, the property was restored to its former glory and allowed the client to bring the property back to the market as a working investment.
- Establishing a base understanding of the M&E workings of the property with almost no as built information available to allow the observed issues to be correctly resolved.
- Working to a tight proposed remediation programme despite the numerous unknowns
- Keeping tight control of the management and cost approval of multiple trades and workstreams.
- The works were undertaken on a Construction Management basis.
- An initial series of investigations and surveys were required on every element of the property to help formulate the brief and scope of works necessary.
- Each workstream was separately tendered and awarded to resolve the respective element.
- The lower ground floor levels had experienced flooding during the time the property was unattended and a period of drying and heating was required to remove the cold and damp environment throughout.
- The property was wrapped in scaffolding allowing the roof, windows and external elements all to be reviewed and remediated as required.
- All M&E systems were fully recommissioned or replaced if necessary.
- The property was completely redecorated both internally and externally, with new carpets throughout and the replacement of the existing main kitchen.
- Staging furniture was sourced, procured and installed throughout to allow the property to be marketed.
- MBA Projects managed to breathe life back into a cold, dank and problematic building. Allowing it to be marketed to its full potential so our client could achieve return on their investment.